Information for the SoDak16 Volleyball Match vs. Roncalli (7:00PM)
· Game will be held at the Aberdeen Central High School Arena.
· Admission is $6 for adults and $4 for students….No passes.
· The Groton Area student section will be on the east end of the arena.
· No fans are allowed on the playing floor immediately following the match until after the awarding of medals and trophies. Failure to remain off the playing floor will result in the offending team not being recognized by the public address announcer.
· No banners-signs-noisemakers: Temporary banners and signs of all kinds are prohibited. All types of noisemakers are prohibited. Paper confetti and silly string are prohibited. Megaphones are prohibited. Musical instruments are prohibited except when the band is performing. Laser pointers are prohibited.
· Students are asked not to stand on the seats. Students may stand in the footwells in the student section.
· Jumping up and down in unison is prohibited.
· All fans must wear shirts.
· Face masks are prohibited.
FCCLA fruit/meat/cheese sales run now through November 5!
The November FCCLA Meeting will be on Tuesday, Nov. 6 during lunch in the FACS room. Lunch will be served!
The All-School Food Drive sponsored by FCCLA will be on Wednesday, Nov. 7. Meet in the arena lobby at 6:00. Pizza and pop will be served after collecting and bagging the food! Join us to help those in need right in our community!
FBLA meeting Thursday, November 8th at 8:00 A.M. in Mrs. Compton’s room. Breakfast will be served and new members are welcome!
PROM COMMITTEE meeting Thursday, November 8th during lunch on the stage.
Bring ideas and pictures to share with the group.
Football Athletic Banquet will be Tuesday, November 13 at 6:30 p.m. at the Golf course.
FBLA will be hosting a blood drive on Wednesday November 14th, in the Groton High School Gym from 8:45-3:30, please contact Mrs. Compton or an FBLA member if you would like to schedule an appointment to donate!
The following volleyball players need to return their uniforms to Miss Erickson: Ashtyn Bahr, Sydney Leicht, Sahara Pardick, Camryn Kurtz, Carly Guthmiller, and Ashlyn Sperry.
Grades 11-12: Anyone interested in taking Dual Credit courses for the spring semester starting in January must attend the Dual Credit Meeting on Wednesday, November 14thduring 3rd hour in the conference room.
Please bring your forms to Mrs. Sternhagen: Gretchen Dinger, Isaac Smith, Kaycie Hawkins, AnneMarie Smith
Grade 12 NCRC Testing – The NCRC is the National Career Readiness Certificate Test issued by ACT (nationalcareerreadiness.org). Test will be given on Wednesday, November 7thfrom 9:45 – 1:36.
Grade 12 Financial Aid Information Night – The Financial Aid Information Night Meeting to learn about the FAFSA will be Nov. 8 at 5:30 pm in the computer lab. Becky Pribyl, financial aid officer at NSU, will give the FAIN presentation and will be available afterwards to help families work on the FAFSA during the FAFSA Lab portion of the presentation. Parents and students would need to bring 2017 tax information to the meeting. Please plan to attend the meeting and bring your computer. Deadlines vary but BHSU is Dec. 1 so come and get your FAFSA started!
Grades 11-12: The following college representatives will be in the School Counseling Office to visit with students. Please make arrangements with your teachers.
Monday, Nov. 5 Mitchell Tech 8:30 – 9:00
Monday, Nov. 5 Univ. of Jamestown 1:00 – 1:30
Tuesday, Nov. 6 Mount Marty 10:40 – 11:10
Thursday, Nov. 8 Univ. of Sioux Falls 8:45 – 9:15
Tuesday, Nov. 13 SDSU 1:00 – 1:30
Tuesday, Nov. 20 ND State College Science 11:30 – 12:00
Thursday, Nov. 29 North Dakota State Univ. 8:45 – 9:15
Grade 12 Scholarship list
Nov. 6 Prudential Spirit of Community http://spirit.prudential.com Local deadline (please put Mrs. Sombke as certifier), print a copy for Mrs. Sternhagen
Nov. 9 Richard Duerre Memorial Football Scholarship – Groton local Scholarship
Nov. 12 Legislative page, http://sdlegislature.gov/Students/Page/default.aspx?Session=2018
Nov. 15 USD Priority Review for scholarships www.usd.edu/admissions/freshmen/scholarshiips
Nov. 15 Hagen Scholarship – need based www.hsfmo.org
Elks Vocational Grant
Elks Emergency Educational Grant
No deadline Alert Drug & Alcohol Awareness http://www.alertmagazine.org
Dec. 1 University of SD www.usd.edu
Dec. 1 Boston University Trustee Scholarship www.bu.edu/admissions/trustee
Dec. 14 AXA Achievement www.axa-achievement.com
Dec. 15 SDSU www.sdstate.edu
Dec. 15 Burger King Scholars http://www.bkmclamorefoundation.org
Dec. 29 SD Plumbing, Heating and Cooling www.sdphcc.org